Yampatika has been around for 30 years with the purpose of sharing the amazing natural world of Northwest Colorado with the people who live in and visit the Yampa Valley. A huge part of that are the camp programs that we offer to help get kids outside and exploring nature. We offer a unique nature and place-based experience where campers get to explore all over Steamboat and the Yampa Valley and learn about it’s exciting animals, plants, ecosystems, history, and more!
THANKS FOR AN AWESOME SUMMER!
Check back soon for details about school-year programming and next Summer! Make sure to join our email list at the bottom of the page to be the first to know about new program offerings!
One of our biggest goals is to give kids positive experiences outside!
We are getting ready for another amazing Summer for our day camps! Just as always, each group will have a weekly theme to guide their exploration and get to experience a field trip each day to locations all around Steamboat and the Yampa Valley. Campers get to go on hikes, play fun games, conduct experiments, create art projects, and so much more!
We send our campers to explore on exciting field trips all over the Yampa Valley!
Each child who visits Yampatika gets to go on a field trip each day they come to camp. We go all over from places like local parks and trails, museums, ranches, gardens, and State Parks. We also partner with lots of awesome organizations to help expand the experiences we are able to offer. We always have so much to explore!
Summer Camp 2022 Details
- Camp runs from June 13- August 19
- Camp Age Groups
- 5 – 6 years-old (at the time of camp) – Yampatykes
- 7 – 8 years-old (at the time of camp) – Nature Explorer
- 9-11 years-old (at the time of camp) – Routt Finders
- Maximum Camp Size is 12 paired with 2 staff
- Camp runs from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Drop Off: 8:30 am – 9:00 am
- Pick-up: 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- Summer Camp Registration costs are as follows:
- Yampatykes and Nature Explorers are $375 per week
- Routt Finders is $450 per week
Summer Camp 2022 Registrations
- At this time, we are only offering registrations for full weeks of camp. Check back closer to Summer for single day and drop-in options.
- We offer need-based scholarships for participants to ensure that any kid who wants to has the opportunity to experience our camp programs.
- Scholarship applications are not accepted for a camp program until the registration for that program is opened.
- Select the scholarship application for the program you would like your child to attend, such as “2022 Summer Day Camp Application.”
- Click on the REGISTRATION button, create an account, and proceed to the Checkout.
- It is during the Checkout process you will select the weeks you are interested in and answer questions.
- DO NOT register your child for any other Yampatika camps if you are applying for a scholarship.
- Scholarships are limited and based on need. In addition, receiving a scholarship does not guarantee a space in a camp, please apply for a scholarship as soon as possible.
COVID-19 and Camp
We want to assure you that your child’s safety is of utmost importance to us. At a minimum, we will be following local, state, and national guides regarding COVID-19 protocols. We may also have our own protocols in place to help ensure the safety of our staff and other participants. These additional protocols may include daily temperature checks, mask-wearing, vaccination requirements, and students who show symptoms of COVID will be sent home and must be picked up by a parent/guardian at camp immediately. If a student is sent home with COVID symptoms they cannot return to camp for 24 hours and only if symptoms have been cleared for 24 hours. All siblings must also go home with campers who are showing any COVID symptoms. Any positive case of COVID will result in the cancelation of camps and notification of camp families.
We want to thank everyone for the overwhelming demand for our Summer Camp Programs. When we opened registration, this year filled up the fastest ever. We still have space in most of our camps for 9-11 year-olds, and we are still accepting scholarship applicants for ages 7-11.
If a camp is no longer listed, it is because our waitlist has reached capacity for that particular session.
We know that finding Summer activities for kids in and around Steamboat can be a frustrating process, and we thank all of you for your graciousness and patience as we work to provide impactful experiences for your kids.