Volunteer for the Winter Season
Yampatika is recruiting new and experienced volunteers to help with our busy winter program schedule!
If you enjoy interacting with people and love to hike and help others, then this might be a great match for you!
How do you get involved?! Take a 2-minute survey to complete a volunteer interest form:
What do program volunteers typically do on a program?
Volunteers act as program “Hosts” and support our Naturalists leading our adult and family education programs.
- Here are the expectations for Volunteer Hosts:
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the program start to help the Naturalist meet participants.
- Be friendly, caring, able to carry on conversations, and encouraging to all participants!
- Hike at the back of the group to ensure the group stays together and no one is left behind.
- Volunteers also need to be comfortable and excited to be outside in all weather conditions and also be able to keep pace with the group.
- Lastly, be curious and learn something new each time you’re supporting a program!
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Yampatika is looking for people to help with administrative work in the office. If you are interested in helping in the office during the day please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We could use people to help with data entry, filing, organizing, etc.