WINTER VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
The winter season will soon be upon us. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the form below. The winter program season runs from mid-December through mid-March.
What do program volunteers typically do on a program?
Volunteers act as program “Hosts” and support our Naturalists leading our adult and family education programs.
Here are the expectations for Volunteer Hosts:
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the program start to help the Naturalist meet participants.
- Be friendly, caring, able to carry on conversations, and encouraging to all participants!
- Hike at the back of the group to ensure the group stays together and no one is left behind.
- Volunteers also need to be comfortable and excited to be outside in all weather conditions and also be able to keep pace with the group.
- Lastly, be curious and learn something new each time you’re supporting a program!
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Yampatika is looking for people to help with administrative work in the office. If you are interested in helping in the office during the day please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We could use people to help with data entry, filing, organizing, etc.